There are many racing simulator games available on various platforms, but some of the most popular ones include:
- Gran Turismo: A series of racing games developed by Polyphony Digital for PlayStation consoles. This series is known for its vast selection of cars, detailed graphics, and realistic driving physics. It also includes a career mode where players can progress through different racing events and championships.
- Forza Motorsport: A series of racing games developed by Turn 10 Studios for Xbox consoles. Similar to Gran Turismo, Forza Motorsport features a wide variety of cars and realistic physics. It also includes a customization system where players can tune and upgrade their cars, and a livery editor to create custom paint schemes.
- Assetto Corsa: A racing simulation game developed by Kunos Simulazioni for PC and consoles. This game is praised for its extremely accurate physics engine and realistic handling, making it a favorite among serious sim racers. It also includes a variety of real-world tracks and a robust modding community.
- Project Cars: A series of racing simulation games developed by Slightly Mad Studios for PC and consoles. Like Assetto Corsa, Project Cars is known for its realistic physics and handling, but it also includes dynamic weather and time-of-day settings, which can greatly affect the track conditions.
- iRacing: A subscription-based racing simulator that offers online multiplayer races with real-world physics and tracks. This game is unique in that it focuses heavily on online multiplayer racing, with a ranking and rating system that matches players with similarly skilled opponents. It also features an extensive library of real-world tracks and a wide variety of cars, and its physics engine is widely considered to be one of the most realistic in the sim racing world.
- F1 2021: A racing game based on the Formula One World Championship, developed by Codemasters for multiple platforms. Based on the Formula One World Championship, this game features all the real-world teams, drivers, and tracks from the current season. It includes a career mode where players can create their own driver and progress through the ranks, as well as a variety of online multiplayer modes.
- Dirt Rally: A series of off-road racing games developed by Codemasters for multiple platforms. This series is focused on off-road racing, with a variety of rally and rallycross events. It features realistic physics
and a damage system that can greatly affect the handling of the cars. It also includes a variety of real-world locations, such as Wales and Greece.
Overall, most of these popular racing simulator games support telemetry data output and are compatible with a wide range of motion platforms and other sim racing accessories. However, it’s always a good idea to check the specific compatibility requirements for your chosen game and platform before making a purchase.